I'm extending this seasonal feature through mid-October due to popular demand!
This series spotlights those common fruits and vegetables which may be a very large part of the current harvest in your garden, from your CSA, etc. Links to 5 different recipes should inspire you to prepare your fresh produce in myriad ways so you have a good chance to achieve zero leftovers/waste. If you try any of these recipes, please let me know how you liked them! All recipes call for freshly picked ingredients.
5 RECIPES FOR FRESH FIGS
1. From So Feminine (UK): Fig Soup
2. From Chocolate & Zucchini: Fig and Mozzarella Warm Sandwich
3. From Mario Batali || Food & Wine: Grilled Fig Salad
4. From Saveur: Fresh Fig Compote
5. From Gluten-Free Girl and the Chef: Pickled Figs